25 Jaw Dropping Facts About Mobile Phones 2017
Today we can’t really imagine about living a life without a mobile phone. Mobile phones have become a kind of addiction. “Nomophobia” is the fear of being without a mobile phone or losing signal. All the new technologies have become a part of our life, they made things easier and simple in many ways. So how much do we know about a device that stays with us for all the time ?
Here’re some amazing facts that you should know about the device that you care about and look for more than 80 times a day.
25 AMAZING MOBILE PHONE FACTS
1 . The First mobile phone was the Motorola Dyna TAC 8000X which was invented by Martin Copper in 1983.
2. The first phone call was placed on April 3,1973 to Dr. Joel S. Engel of Bell Labs By Martin Cooper, and the first text message was sent out in December,1992.
3. The First “smartphone” was called SIMON and was launched on August 16,1994 by IBM. It supported the calendar app, address book, world clock , calculator, notepad, e-mail, fax, and games . It came with touchscreen keyboard and cost around 100$.
4. The first camera phone was released in Japan in 2000.
5. Mobile phones have 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles, so make sure to take some precautions.
6. Modern smartphones are more powerful than equipment used in Apollo 11 moon landing and they are nowadays used as cheap satellites.
7. The cost of first mobile phone in US, was 4000$ in 1983.
8. iPhone 5 Black Diamond is the costliest phone in the world, which costs $15 million. It will take nine weeks to build, made of 135 gram solid gold of 24 carat and the chassis was inlaid with 600 white diamonds.
9. 90% of the mobile phones in Japan are waterproof so that people can use it even in the shower
10. Every ad for apple’s iPhone shows 9:41 AM – that’s the time when Steve jobs announced the first iPhone in 2007.
11. More people in the world own a mobile phone than a toothbrush or toilet .
12. India is the fastest growing smartphone market in the world.
13. Scientists have developed a way to charge mobile phones using urine.
14. Sonim XP3300 Force is recognised as the toughest phone. It Survived an 84ft drop and still worked.
15. Mobile phone industry is the fastest growing industry in the world .
16. 90% of text messages are read within 3 minutes of delivery .
17. 142,000 pounds is the highest ever mobile bill by Celina Aarons.
18. Over 80% of the smartphones used runs on Android.
19. Mobile phone throwing is an official sport in Finland.
20. In 2015, Apple reclaimed about a tonne of gold from recycling old iPhones – worth around $40 million at current rate.
21. People can suffer from “ringxiety” , when you hear (or feel) your phone is ringing when it’s not.
22. More than 90% of adults have their mobile phone within arm’s reach all the time.
23. There are 7.5 Billion people on the planet at present . 4 Billion of them own mobile phone.
24. 70% of mobile phones are manufactured in China .
25. In 2012, Apple sold 37.04 million iPhone in 14 weeks – or 262 phones per minute and 4 phones per second.